Ilex guayusa is a less known cousin of ilex paraguariensis known as yerba mate. The plant belongs to the family of holly trees. For centuries it's leaves have been used by Amazonian tribes to prepare stimulating infusions. Traditionally, the Indians would drink guayusa before hunting or during religious ceremonies. In recent years, guayusa is becoming more and more popular outside its native region. Pachamama is among the pioneering guayusa tea brands offering organic-certified products only. It means that it is produced under strictly controlled conditions without the use of pesticides and any chemicals.. It will be a perfect choice for those who care about their health!
Guayusa Pachamama Citrus - organic guayusa with a refreshing citrus note
Pachamama Citrus combines the subtle taste of organic Ecuadorian ilex guayusa with top-quality additives straight from certified plantations. The composition opens with natural orange oil in fusion with the sour taste of hibiscus . This one is gently broken by a refreshing addition of organic mint . An interesting closure is hawthorn with a slightly bitter aroma. The whole thing perfectly stimulates and tastes great both as a warm infusion and a cold drink for hot weather!
Guayusa Pachamama Citrus and its properties
- Great stimulation effect. Each cup of guayusa tea contains up to 3% of pure caffeine, which makes it one of the most energizing drinks available!
- Positive effect on cancer prevention and cardiovascular support. All because of the huge content of antioxidants. There's twice as many of them as in green tea famous for its antioxidant properties!
- Perfect source of l-teanine which stabilizes mood and improves concentration.
- Rich in vitamin C, D and calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium and chromium.
- It stimulates metabolism and can help lose weight.
- In the culture of Ecuadorian and Peruvian Indians, guayusa is credited with influencing the experience of lucid dreams.
Guayusa Pachamama Citrus – preparing an infusion
There are two ways of preparing guayusa tea infusion:
- Put 2-4 tablespoons of guayusa into a 200-300 ml cup. Add boiling water. The infusion will be ready in around 5 minutes.
- Put 3-4 tablespoons of guayusa into a dish with boiling water (approximately 500 ml). The infusion will be ready after 2-3 minutes of boiling.
Thanks to its delicate flavour, guayusa combines perfectly with fruits, juices, sugar and herbs, including yerba mate. It can be served both in hot and cold form.
Guayusa Pachamama Citrus - Ingredients:
85.32% ilex guayusa *, hibiscus *, hawthorn *, mint *, natural orange oil
* ingredients from organic farming
Net weight : 100 g
Manufactured for : Venusti Sp. z o.o.
Country of origin : Ecuador
Preparation method : Pour boiling water. Brew for about 5-10 minutes.
The product has no psychoactive properties!
Organic product from a certified plantation . Organic certificate: PL-EKO-02 (Agriculture from outside the EU).
May contain almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, peanuts, pecans, pistachio, macadamia, brazil nut, cashew!
The product may contain nuts, cereals.